Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New TV Quilt

We recently splashed out on a new TV but the problem was we had one of those old 3 piece cabinets with the huge deep centre cabinet which wasn't wide enough for the new telly. I looked around but everything I saw was too small as I also keep my quilt books in one of the two side cabinets so Mark got to work rebuilding the centre cabinet which I then painted black and distressed and waxed leaving the inside and top stained timber.

The new TV then snowballed into a loungeroom makeover - much to my husbands horror. The navy blue lounge stayed but I changed the room's colour scheme from burgundy and blue to green and blue after seeing a vintage quilt in navy and acid green in a magazine. When I suggested a feature wall in acid green for the wall behind the new cabinet I was laughed at, but it all came together after new lights, rug and quilt hanger were installed.







No comments: