Thursday, July 8, 2010

In production

Had a very productive day yesterday finishing off bits and pieces for the July edition of the Chocolate Crow Trader, an Australian online magazine It offers aussie artisans a marketplace for their crafts, my work is listed under Barn Star Primitives www.thechocolatecrowtrader.com
The site is updated on the 15th of each month.
This cute little punch needle design is another from my favourite Brenda Gervais from Country Stitches. I found the timber frames at a local $2 shop, I stripped the paint off the metal corner sections and rusted them with chlorine, the wooden section was then painted and distressed. I am very happy with the result as they make a great frame for the punch needle snowman.


This woollen santa is yet another pattern picked up in Houston, I find I always learn something making other peoples patterns and this one is very clever in its simplicity. I thoroughly enjoyed the process and intend to make a whole group in different sizes for Christmas, possibly in different shades of blue. The pattern comes from Bonnie Sullivan at
www.allthroughthenight.net

No comments: