Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sydney Quilt Show 2010

This years show was very exciting as my group The Glenbrook Cocktail Quilters made the raffle quilt. The quilt was based on a quilt by American designer Kim Diehl from her book Simple Traditions. We were thrilled to see the quilt was front and centre at the entrance to the quilt exhibition and I was relieved to see it hanging so well as I had machine quilted it. From the left in front of the quilt is myself, my sister Gail and good friend Sharon all members of the group. After viewing the quilts we spent the rest of the day shopping with friends two of whom had travelled from Melbourne to visit. Above from top left my sister Gail, my friend Linda from Melbourne, Janet then at the front myself, Jenny (Sharon's sister) our other visitor from the south and Sharon.

Here are a few more proud Cocktail Quilters Cath, Denise, Joan and Heather.


3 comments:

Sharon said...

beautiful quilt. I love Kim Diehl patterns, I'm donating one for a hospice fund raiser and I've made several of hers for myself. Good luck in the fund raising.

Unknown said...

Hi Rob - The quilt looks great in the photo. Remind me to get a copy of that photo next time I see you. Love gail

Katie McNamara said...

Love the quilts and the lovely ladies!!! Very nice!