Thursday, June 10, 2010

30's baby quilt


I have had an obession with 1930's reproduction prints for a long time so I planned and started a babies quilt on Monday. I have a fair stash of 30's fabrics and a cute pastel spot that I got months ago as usual I had no actual plans for the spotted background fabric and once I designed the quilt and calculated the cutting ( there is a bit of wastage) I had 4in left over. I am supposed to have this finished, quilted and made into a pattern by next week to give to a friend for the Sydney Quilt show - Nothing like a deadline.

7 comments:

Lynelle Slade said...

Ahhhh, it's definitely a winning combo.

Unknown said...

It looks very cute Rob! There's nothing like a deadline to get you motivated.

Linda C said...

Hey, Rob, you are an obsession!!!
Great looking quilt.Can't wait to see you on friday. And the quilt of course.
A very nice little package arrived on friday. Thanks so much. My Rob made collection is growing!!!

Burgundy Primettes said...

Welcome to blogland Robyn, thought you were fimiliar, l used to advertise with P & S & submitted a project. I am sure you will complete the quilt:-)) Sandra

Julia said...

Welcome to blogland Robyn, lovely to see you've started a blog at last..
I emailed you that my DJ quilt with your centre medallion won two awards at our big show in May..
Looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work..

Sharon said...

Welcome to blogland. I came via Janet's post. Looks like you will have some great projects to show here.

Janet said...

It was great to meet you Robyn, I wish you well with your blogging adventure. I'm looking forward to seeing more projects.